Please join us for our CTE Partner Appreciation Night on Thursday, February 27, 2020. All CTE Commission Members and CTE Program Industry Partners are invited as well as industry representatives who would like to learn more about NYC CTE programs. Schools are encouraged to invite their CTE advisory board members. Invitations will go out shortly.
- Chancellor Carranza Announces 72 Percent Increase in Students Taking Computer Science Since Launch of Computer Science for All
- Latinas Emerge as a Powerful Force in the U.S. Job Market
- Richard Carranza: Schools Chancellor By Day, Mariachi Musician By Night
- Sal Contes Named Principal at Wings Academy in the Bronx
- The Brooklyn STEAM Center Winter Showcase 2019
CTE Schools and Program Highlights
- NYC P-Tech Schools Join the CTE Team
- Statistics from P-Tech
- Justice Resource Center (JRC) MENTOR Moot Court
- Queens Technical High School Students Visit NYC Cyber Command Center
- Ninth Annual Academy of Finance and Enterprise (AOFE) Networking Event
- Academy of Finance and Enterprise Alum Named to Forbes 30 Under 30 List
- High School of Health Careers and Sciences Opens New Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Lab and Classroom
- Third Annual BNY Mellon Futures in Tech Day
- CTE Business Students Meet with NFL at VISTA Speed Mentoring Event
- CTE Impact on Achievement, Monday, January 27, 2020
The New York City Career and Technical Education Division of the Office of Postsecondary Readiness are pleased to offer the following resources for Work Based Learning and Program Approval to assist CTE Administrators and Educators in support of their programs.
The toolkit assists school leadership, work-based learning coordinators, teachers and their intermediary partners in designing, implementing and supporting quality Work-Based Learning activities for high school students.
This website provides guidance to NYC DOE high schools in developing and implementing CTE programs of study in alignment with the NYS Regents policy for the CTE Program Approval Process.